Covid Safe Summer ActivitiesMay 19th, 2021
The weather is heating up and with warmer weather, people are leaving their homes more to enjoy the sunshine. While we can’t suggest going to a party, we would like to suggest a few COVID safe activities around Ottawa to keep you entertained during this summer.
- Virtual Canadian Tulip Festival May 14th – 24th
- While you can visit the tulip fields locally with restrictions, you can also visit them virtually as well! Come see the largest tulip festival in the world! Visit it here: https://tulipfestival.net/
- Spring Indigenous Virtual Art Market May 28th – 30th
- This market features art from the Metis, Inuit, and First Nations makers including fine art, beadwork, sculptures and more! Check it out here: https://nac-cna.ca/en/event/28553
- Canada Day Festival July 1st
- Come check out the biggest festival in the country to celebrate Canada! https://www.canada.ca/canada-day
- Ottawa Chamberfest July 22nd – August 4th
- This event will be held online and in person with restrictions. For two weeks in late July and early August, some of the city’s most beautiful—and acoustically marvelous—churches, museums, galleries, theatres and heritage sites host indoor and outdoor performances by internationally renowned artists. See it here: http://www.chamberfest.com/
- Queens of Egypt June 2nd – August 29th
- With the help of Montreal’s Ubisoft, go back in time 3,500 years ago to encounter the women in power. This major exhibition features more than 300 iconic objects, including monumental statues, sarcophagi, funerary objects, and jewelry, associated to legendary queens such as Nefertari, Nefertiti, and Hatshepsut. Check it out: https://www.historymuseum.ca/queens-of-egypt/
While there are many more events happening this summer, these are just a few suggestions for your entertainment. Make sure to mask up and enjoy the sunshine! Please stay safe and healthy and we hope to see you at one of these events.